Participating in tags is always super fun, but creating them is also a blast! Last Fall I made the Spooky Scary Skeletons tag, and I thought, why not make one for summer? No skeletons to be found here though…
The Sunny Summer Book Tag is, like the title suggests, bookish! The rules are as follows if you choose to participate:
– Thank whoever tagged you and please link back to my blog or this page
– Answer the questions
– Tag a few others!
Hope you all enjoy this one!
Here are the questions:
- Nature is blooming – Which character had the best arc?
- Must see destinations – Which literary world would you vacation in and why?
- Relaxing on the beach – Which book goes in your beach bag?
- It’s a pool party! – Which book characters would you invite to your backyard pool?
- Hot summer nights – Which book boyfriend would you go on a summer date with?
- A sudden microburst – Which book had the best plot twist?
- Time to stargaze – Which book has the most beautiful cover?
- Time to cool down – Pick a book that would make you relax after a long, summer day.
And now of course, my own answers to the Sunny Summer Book Tag
1. Nature is Blooming – which characters had the best arc?
For me it’s a toss up between Aelin and Feyre, both SJM characters. I’ve read both Throne of Glass and ACOTAR twice, and especially the second time around I could really see the difference between who they were at the beginning, and who they were at the end of their series. As a side note, I thought that Chaol had an amazing arc too, and he managed to do it in only one book, haha.
2. Must See Destinations – which literary world would you vacation in and why?
I would love to go to Velaris so I can see the Rainbow and experience Starfall, that would be amazing. I’d also really want to visit Weep (Strange the Dreamer), and no I will NEVER shut up about these books. When I read these books, Weep made me think of Moroccan cities, and I’ve always wanted to go there.
3. Relaxing on the Beach – which book goes in your beach bag?
Hmmm… I made the questions and have trouble answering them, haha. I would realistically put in whatever I was already reading at that point, but on the other hand, I’d also like a low action book so I can truly relax. So I think I would bring a cute contemporary romance!
4. It’s a Pool Party! – which book characters would you invite to your backyard pool?
All my favorite characters woud be invited of course! I would invite Zuzana (Daughter of Smoke and Bone), because she’s my fav; and I would invite Sarai and Lazlo (Strange the Dreamer); I would probably invite the entire inner circle, too. And Jude and Cardan, because they know how to party.
5. Hot Summer Nights – which book boyfriend would you go on a summer date with?
This one is hard for me, because I haven’t been obsessed with any male characters in a long while. But I think of all of my favorite male characters, I would choose Dorian from Throne of Glass. I think we would do a ton of fun summer things, like go to a fair and eat greasy food.
6. A Sudden Microburst – which book had the best plot twist?
The most recent one that had me shook was House of Earth and Blood. Some other good plot twisty books that I’ve read are all the books in the Nevernight Chronicle, Gemina, The Kiss of Deception, and Strange the Dreamer.
7. Time to Stargaze – which book has the most beautiful cover?
There are so many covers that I absolutely love. I’m a little weird, because while I love very minimalistic covers, I also really love very detailed covers. I’m a person of two extremes, I guess. But some of my favorite covers are those of the Firebird Trilogy, the Shatter Me covers, and All the Stars and Teeth.
8. Time to Cool Down – pick a book that would make you relax after a long, summer day.
Hot summer days always make me super drowsy, especially if I’ve been busy all day, so I wouldn’t want to read anything too hard. I want to be able to keep up with the story without giving myself a headache. In which case, I would definitely not pick up a science fiction. I already read a contemporary on the beach, so I think now I would pick up something quirky; like one of the Discworld novels!
Ohh, this is such a fun tag and I loved reading your answers (yay for Discworld and I totally agree that the Shatter Me covers are gorgeous). And it is so fitting for the season (been quite warm here). Great post!
I’m glad you enjoyed it! It’s been sooo hot here in Virginia, 30 Celsius almost every day!😰