Hi book friends! The year has almost come to and end (thank god) and I completed my reading challenge about a month ago, woohoo! I always love looking back upon the year to see what I have read. So let’s take a look!
I made multiple posts about my 2020 most anticipated releases. Mostly because when I make those type of posts in December/January, there are still a lot of books that fly under my radar! So some books made it into later posts. I wrote my 2020 Most Anticipated Releases over a year ago, and I wrote a post about my most anticipated releases for the second half of 2020 as part of Top Ten Tuesday. And then of course there are all my (almost) monthly posts about new releases…
So there are a lot of books I was excited for! But did I read them?
I actually did really well! On the image you can see all the books I did read that came out this year. I’ll list them down below as well. But it’s easier to tell you which ones I didn’t read, since only seven of my most anticipated releases didn’t make the cut this year.
I didn’t read The King of Crows by Libba Bray and A Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa Tahir because I haven’t read the books that come before them yet. I was optimistic at the beginning of the year and thought I would read these series, but I obviously didn’t.
The other books I didn’t read were The Once and Future Withces, by Alix E. Harrow, Blood & Honey by Shelby Mahurin, A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik, A Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins, and Bridge of Souls by Victoria Schwab. Bridge of Souls I couldn’t read, because the release date has been pushed back. Still excited for it though!
The Books I Read:
- All The Stars and Teeth – Adalyn Grace
- The Unspoken Name – A.K. Larkwood
- The Shadows Between Us – Tricia Levenseller
- House of Earth and Blood – Sarah J. Maas
- Chain of Gold – Cassandra Clare
- Havenfall – Sara Holland
- Imagine Me – Tahereh Mafi
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue – V.E. Schwab
- Kingdom of the Wicked – Kerri Maniscalco
- Empire of Gold – S.A. Chakraborty
- Girl, Serpent, Thorn – Melissa Bashardoust
- The Silvered Serpents – Roshani Chokshi
- How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories – Holly Black
- A Heart so Fierce and Broken – Brigid Kemmerer
- Aurora Burning – Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- These Violent Delights – Chloe Gong